Which clients would benefit
from the STEP Assistant?
The STEP Assistant is designed to be easy to use
for care providers, seniors, and their families.
Use the STEP Assistant to support care for people with:
- Special needs
- Mild memory loss
- Physical disabilities
- Other cognitive impairment
- Intact cognitive and physical
function, but who live alone
Monitor Client Activity
- True Human Presence Detection – Motion detection
alone causes too many false reports. By also detecting
body heat, the STEP Assistant allows you to be confident
that you know where the user is, even when they are sleeping, and not moving around.
- Rest Monitors – Tracks resting time and motion levels
so you know if the user is sleeping more than usual,
or how restless they are.
- Alerts – Set alerts to be sent to staff or family when
a client’s activity is out of the ordinary.
- Comfort Sensors – Tracks light levels, temperature,
and humidity in the room, and receive alerts when
levels are in unsafe or uncomfortable ranges.
Monitor Health Metrics
- COVID screening (such as prior to
caregiver arriving at client’s home)
- Depression screening
- Pain screening
Communicate with Clients
- Send clients messages with next visit information.
- Gather needed information from clients prior to visits.
- Reinforce education provided at visits with messages.
Promote Safety and Independence
- Medication Management – Provide pre-set reminder messages to clients when their medications need
to be taken.
- Daily Routine – Provide reminder messages for daily
tasks to assist client in managing their daily schedule
and completing all activities of daily living.
- Safety Reminders – Provide messages to optimize safety.
For example, remind a resident to wait for help to get up, remind a client to use a walker or wear shoes when ambulating to reduce fall risk, or to remind a client to lock the front door.
- Orientation – Display information such as day of the week, calendar date, weather, and more.
Foster Socialization and Emotional Wellbeing
- Family/Client Interaction – Allow for simple,
streamlined communication between the
client and their family and/or friends.
- Encouragement – Promote a positive
mindset with motivational messages.
Customize for your Organization
- Our goal is to configure the STEP Assistant
to optimize client care for your organization.
We understand that, particularly in healthcare,
each organization has unique needs and challenges.
We will customize the STEP Assistant’s features
to meet your specific needs.
Set up the STEP Assistant in
under 10 minutes. Easily customize
messages and set alerts for clients,
view reports, and monitor trends.
STEP Assistant devices are
assisted by sophisticated artificial
intelligence (AI), and are designed to
seamlessly integrate into clients’ lives.